Join us for Polar Bear Week: February 24-28
That’s right, an entire week dedicated to one of our favourite, most iconic species: the polar bear. February 24 through 28, WWF-Canada is going to be all about polar bears as part of our Arctic Home campaign.
Polar Bear Week will feature:
- Polar bear trivia on Facebook – give us the right answers to our questions and you could win your very own polar bear symbolic adoption kit
- Polar bear stories on our blog – check out our posts to learn all about how polar bears are faring in Canada and around the world, and the different polar bear projects WWF is supporting
- A Google Hangout about polar bears in Canada at 2:30 p.m. EST on Wednesday, February 26, featuring: Dr. Pete Ewins , WWF-Canada’s own Senior Arctic Species Officer, and Dr. Stephen Petersen, Head of Conservation and Research for the International Polar Bear Conservation Centre and Assiniboine Park Zoo. Do you have questions? We have answers! Send your advance questions to [email protected].
- A live Twitter Q&A at 1 p.m. EST on Friday, February 28 with WWF’s Polar Bear expert Geoff York to answer all your polar bear questions
- A showdown on Instagram and Facebook between two top predators competing for food and resources in a changing Arctic: the long-time Arctic ‘champion’ polar bears and new-to-the-neighbourhood killer whales
3 reasons you should be part of Polar Bear Week
- You want to know more about polar bears, because polar bears are amazing animals, and what the changing Arctic means for their future
- You want to support WWF’s work in the Arctic and encourage others to do the same – especially while donations are being matched dollar-for-dollar by Coca-Cola!*
- You’re gearing up to celebrate International Polar Bear Day on February 27
* Make a donation to WWF’s Arctic efforts and Coca-Cola® will match your donation dollar-for-dollar until March 15, 2014, to a maximum of $1 million USD (Canada and U.S. only).