All individuals, organizations, and third parties engaged with WWF-Canada must adhere to the following:
WWF-Canada commits to the highest standards of professionalism, integrity and ethics in our workplace and in our activities. As such WWF-Canada has adopted the WWF-Canada Code Of Business Conduct and Ethics (found here) and the WWF-Canada Anti-Corruption Policy (found here). This commitment is fundamental to creating effective, lasting and equitable solutions to today’s environmental challenges. WWF-Canada has also adopted the Environmental & Social Safeguard Standards (found here).
As the contracting party with WWF-Canada (“you”), you warrant to WWF-Canada, that you have never offered, given or agreed to give to any person any inducement or reward (or anything which might be considered an inducement or reward) in connection with the entering into or carrying out this Agreement. Nor to your knowledge, is there a conflict of interest which has caused WWF-Canada to sign this Agreement with you
Recognizing that WWF-Canada is only one of many actors, we expect you and all our grantees, contractual partners and other parties with whom we work with to commit to the following. You agree to, and shall require in writing any of your sub-grantees or sub-contractors to this agreement, to abide by these same commitments as follows:
- Respect people’s rights in accordance with applicable national and international human rights laws, including vulnerable groups such as children.
- Comply with all applicable laws, and also provide support to WWF Canada donors to ensure reasonable compliance with all applicable laws and similar legislation in your and their jurisdictions.
- Respect integrity in the use of funds and assets which may be provided to you through this Agreement, including taking appropriate measures to prevent, detect and respond to concerns of misappropriation or other illegal event; this includes implementing appropriate policies and procedures, and ensuring that your employees, sub-contractors or third parties respect the same;
- Respect and safeguard employees to prevent and respond to discrimination, harassment, abuse of power, and gender inequity in the workplace.
- Respect the rights of your labour force to health, safety, fair wages and benefits, working hours, freedom of association and collective bargaining, no discrimination or harsh treatment, no forced labour, and respecting labour restrictions related to children in line with applicable local laws and/or ILO Labour Standards, whichever is the higher standard.
- Respect standards and agreements around confidentiality, including but not limited to the sharing of business sensitive information and personal data as protected by applicable legislation.
- Promptly disclose in writing to WWF Canada any conflicts of interest which could negatively impact WWF-Canada, of which you become aware.
- Inform WWF-Canada of any breaches of these commitments in your operations or the operations of your sub-grantees or sub-contractors in a timely manner. Refer here for where to report concerns.
- You commit to disclosing to WWF-Canada any claims that may arise in your organization regarding or respecting human rights and the safeguarding of vulnerable, local and indigenous communities.
- You shall demonstrate to WWF-Canada, , or to its auditors (where applicable) and at the request of WWF-Canada, that your policies and procedures designed to achieve compliance with the above requirements are appropriate. This shall include being able to demonstrate that you have:
- implemented and maintained, and/or complied with, effective systems and processes to enable meeting WWF-Canada integrity standards as noted above;
- identified, and as soon as possible reported to relevant WWF-Canada and legal and regulatory bodies, conditions and circumstances that threaten meeting those standards;
- established and operated effective safeguards;
- evaluated the threats and safeguards appropriately;
- taken any additional steps that are appropriate in the circumstances to meet those standards.