Vice President, Marketing
The Vice President, Marketing (“VP”) leads the marketing process that spans data analysis, advertising, creative, digital and events. The role develops and executes the research and data strategy, maintains a consistent brand identity both internally and externally, and it is key to expanding the donor and support base by supporting community giving and the organization in general through marketing initiatives, including overseeing the digital and email marketing strategy.
Reporting to the SVP, Marketing & Communications, the VP leads a creative and data-driven team of marketers, analysts, and project managers along with third-party vendors that relentlessly seek ways to elevate WWF’s brand loyalty.
As a member of WWF’s Marketing and Communications leadership team, the VP establishes the marketing strategy, plan and budget that supports WWF’s annual objectives. Additionally, the VP partners with the community giving department to develop new fundraising initiatives and the communications department to ensure that WWF always speaks with one voice.
The VP is equal parts a salesperson and a trendsetter. Experienced in change management, the VP is flexible and eager to try new approaches.
- Develops a comprehensive marketing plan and budget
- Leads improvement projects that strengthen or replace existing processes, systems and working practices to improve fundraising efficiencies and results
- Remains current on marketing and fundraising trends and seeks out new and innovative tools and techniques to grow and maintain WWF’s competitive edge and provide the best possible services and advice to the organization
- Contribute to the development of multi-year organizational strategic plans
- Coach and develop a diverse team of technical and creative experts
- Manage and prepare budgets, financial reports and forecasts
- Govern the WWF brand across all materials
- Develop branding and related marketing strategies
- Oversee external awards and events
- Management and oversight of agencies, including creative partners extending from briefing to post-mortem
- Prepare presentations for internal and external use
- Develop innovative marketing initiatives to increase brand growth and market share
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on marketing metrics
- Prepare the annual budget
- Ad hoc initiatives as assigned
- 10-12 years of progressive relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience leading a high-performance team
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical and organizational skills
- Expertise in developing and managing budgets
- Demonstrated experience in internal and external collaborations to achieve objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in project management, AGILE preferred
- Commitment to conservation and sustainability
This role requires 10+ years of progressive experience in marketing or advertising, and exposure to the non-profit industry. Suitable candidates are energetic, visionary, hands-on-individuals.
Deadline to Apply
Please ensure that your application is received on or before July 31, 2020, 5 p.m. EST. However, please note that the position may be filled prior to the deadline if suitable candidates have been identified. So, we encourage you to apply early!
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, you may submit your application either through our online portal or direct mail. Please submit your application using one method only.
You can submit your cover letter and resume by clicking here.
Attn: Human Resources Department
410 Adelaide St West
Toronto, ON M5V 1S8
If you are submitting an application via direct mail, please include your answers to the following questions:
1. Apart from its mission, what makes WWF-Canada an employer of choice for you?
2. Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
3. What are your salary expectations?
4. How flexible are your salary expectations?
5. Where did you see this posting?
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.