Vice President, Community Giving
The Vice President, Community Giving (“VP”) leads the data-driven national strategy for direct response fundraising, online, monthly, tribute and mid-level giving for WWF. The VP fosters relationships with donors who give up to $10,000 annually and helps develop a pipeline of major gift and legacy prospects.
Reporting to the SVP, Marketing & Communications, the VP leads a fast-paced team of fundraisers and product specialists, along with third-party vendors that continuously seek new and innovative streams of revenue while elevating existing WWF products or initiatives such as appeals, the adoptions program and the CN Tower climb.
As a member of WWF’s Marketing and Communications leadership team, the VP establishes the community giving and legacy giving strategy, plan and budget that supports WWF’s annual objectives. Additionally, the VP partners with the marketing department to develop new fundraising initiatives and the communications department to ensure that WWF always speaks with one voice.
The VP is always seeking to improve the return on investment and new ways to fundraise. Experienced in change management, the VP is flexible and eager to try new approaches.
- Establishes and meets annual community giving and legacy giving fundraising targets
- Develop comprehensive annual community giving and legacy giving strategy that is informed by sound data and analysis
- Identifies new fundraising channels
- Ensure donor stewardship in the form of recognition, follow-up and ongoing engagement
- Contribute to the development of multi-year organizational strategic plans
- Coach and develop a diverse team of technical experts
- Identify and select third-party vendors for fundraising initiatives
- Manage and prepare budgets, financial reports and forecasts
- Lead annual product reviews to assess return on investment and act accordingly
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on department metrics
- Ad hoc initiatives as assigned
- 10-12 years of progressive relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience leading a high-performance team
- Strong track record of revenue generation of business development
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical and organizational skills
- Expertise in developing and managing budgets
- Demonstrated experience in internal and external collaborations to achieve objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in project management, AGILE preferred, particularly overseeing the design and production of print and web-based materials
- Commitment to conservation and sustainability
This role requires 10+ years of progressive experience in sales or community fundraising, and exposure to the non-profit industry. Suitable candidates are energetic, visionary, hands-on-individuals are salespeople at heart.
Deadline to Apply
Please ensure that your application is received on or before July 31, 2020, 5 p.m. EST. However, please note that the position may be filled prior to the deadline if suitable candidates have been identified. So, we encourage you to apply early!
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, you may submit your application either through our online portal or direct mail. Please submit your application using one method only.
You can submit your cover letter and resume by clicking here.
Attn: Human Resources Department
410 Adelaide St West
Toronto, ON M5V 1S8
If you are submitting an application via direct mail, please include your answers to the following questions:
1. Apart from its mission, what makes WWF-Canada an employer of choice for you?
2. Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
3. What are your salary expectations?
4. How flexible are your salary expectations?
5. Where did you see this posting?
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.