Specialist, Office Management & Guest Experience
The Specialist, Office Management & Guest Experience provides exceptional support to ensure the smooth and efficient management of WWF-Canada offices across Canada in the following capacities:
- Facilities management: ensuring that our physical space is conducive to providing a work environment that is safe, supports collaboration, and is accessible so that our employees and visitors can work under the best conditions.
- Guest experience: being the initial point of contact for all external guest or donor inquiries (whether by phone or in person) and assisting with departmental operations.
Across the many cultures and individuals that represent WWF, we are unified by one mission and one common set of values:
- Courage to work for change where it’s needed and to inspire people and institutions to tackle the greatest threats to nature and the future of the planet, which is our home.
- Integrity to live the principles we call on others to meet and to rely on traditional science and Indigenous knowledge to guide us.
- Respect to honour the voices and knowledge of the communities that we serve.
- Collaboration to deliver impact through collective action and innovation.
Facilities management (60%):
- Maintain and administer office leases.
- Act as a central point of contact with landlords and property management on standard issues and concerns with respect to office space.
- Ensure that building instructions for fire drills are followed and maintain records of wardens, searchers, etc.
- Participate in Joint Health & Safety Committee meetings as needed.
- Act as a central point of contact for all enquiries related to travel management (FCm) and, where necessary, arrange for relevant training of staff.
- Process and approve all facilities-related invoices for WWF-Canada.
- Arrange for business card orders.
- Provide support for any office improvement projects, as needed.
- Ensure that our offices meet health & safety and accessibility standards.
- Track and coordinate the receipt or payment of monthly office rent payments or reconciliations.
Toronto office specific:
- Coordinate and act as a point of contact for all office-related contractors (repairs, equipment maintenance, fire inspections, shredding services, heating/cooling issues, cleaners, etc.)
- Coordinate the distribution of office security access cards and locker space.
- Ensure overall functioning and cleanliness of office (particularly the kitchen) and identify the most effective methods to do so.
- Conduct office orientation for new Toronto employees to familiarize new hires with office set up and building rules.
- Coordinate annual departmental clean-up (including the clean-up of any off-site storage), and professional kitchen and carpet cleaning, when necessary.
- Order general office and kitchen supplies and ensure they are in working order.
Guest Experience: (40%):
Guest & Caller Experience
- Be the initial point of contact for donors and external guests/inquiries either in person or over the phone.
- Provide back-up support to the Donor Relations coordinators during lunch/vacations/busy times, taking messages and general donor information.
- Process departmental mail and be a point of contact for courier coordination and deliveries.
- Update database with return mail/deceased notifications.
- Process expenses for the People, Culture & Technology division
- At least 5 years’ experience working as an office and/or facilities manager.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a receptionist or ‘initial point of contact’ capacity.
- Ability to operate autonomously with a service-oriented outlook.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience being on or working with a joint health & safety committee is preferred.
- Experience in administrative support with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle matters in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products (ie. Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) and Adobe.
- Bilingual is an asset.
- Identify & align with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration
Given the nature of this position, this role will be required to work in-office for a minimum of 3 consistent days a week.
Deadline to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please click Apply, and ensure that your application is received on or before May 19, 2023 at 5PM.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
Our vision is a Canada with abundant wildlife where nature and people thrive and we value and rely on diversity of thought, knowledge, expertise, and lived experience to help bring our vision to life.
We recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. If you feel that your unique experiences can enhance our vision, we encourage you to apply – even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements.
We encourage applications from candidates who have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including applicants who identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuk (Inuit), Black, racialized, a person with a disability, women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
We are committed to a barrier-free and equitable recruitment & selection process. If you are contacted in relation an opportunity to join our team and require an accommodation at any point in the process, please advise the recruiter of your specific needs. We commit to managing these requests in a confidential manner.