The Specialist, Design creates design assets for a wide range of platforms including digital and print. Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing; the Specialist, Design, plans, researches, creates, develops and executes quality art and design layout solutions for digital content (website, social media, presentations, reports, proposals and ad campaigns) and print (magazines and reports, the annual report, ad campaigns and proposals). The role works closely with members of the Marketing & Communications team and others to create compelling design elements including illustrations, logos and layouts.
- Work with the various stakeholders on concept and content
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Schedule projects and define budget constraints
- Create layout, design and style framework based on the general WWF brand guidelines.
- Formulate basic layout design and specify material details, such as style and size of type, photographs, graphics, etc.
- Create custom illustrations or other graphic elements
- Create rough drafts for revision purposes
- Ensure photo, video and printing assets are of desired quality. Attend production sessions if necessary
- Generate original visual executions that are both exciting and creatively attractive.
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Test graphics across various formats
- Deliver work of the highest quality after working with team members to develop new ideas
- Complete projects by coordinating with printers, etc.
- Identify and work with external vendors to deliver quality materials according to guidelines
- Other tasks as assigned
- At least 4 years of hands-on professional design experience
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Up to date with industry leading software (Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and
InDesign) and technologies
- Be process driven, possess strong design skills and show careful attention to detail
- Experience developing content, using peer-reviewed research and other respected sources
- Passionate about communications design and marketing
Deadline to Apply
Please ensure that your application is received on or before August 7, 2020, 5 p.m. EST.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, you may submit your application either through our online portal or direct mail. Please submit your application using one method only.
You can submit your cover letter and resume by clicking here.
Attn: Human Resources Department
410 Adelaide St West
Toronto, ON M5V 1S8
If you are submitting an application via direct mail, please include your answers to the following questions:
1. Apart from its mission, what makes WWF-Canada an employer of choice for you?
2. Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
3. What are your salary expectations?
4. How flexible are your salary expectations?
5. Where did you see this posting?
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.