Specialist, Community Action
The Specialist, Community Action, manages the operations, outreach, monitoring and evaluation, and stewardship for key national programs. This role cultivates and stewards strategic partnerships across the country, develops and implements national in-person and online outreach and activation strategies, and cultivates events and recognition opportunities related to each program. The Specialist represents these programs for WWF-Canada at external fora, through online networks and on site at events. They will collaborate directly with the Marketing & Communications department to develop a solid and effective outreach and engagement plan. The individual will work across departments to cultivate opportunities to drive organizational goals with the programs’ audiences. The Specialist will also be required to contribute to the development of fundraising proposals, plus identify relevant strategies for creating revenue streams associated with each program.
- Manages the operations of Living Planet @ Campus (LP@C) and Living Planet @ School (LP@S)
- Regularly creates and upgrades content for relevant websites including the coordinating the full translation of LP@C and LP@S into French, and manage relationships with external providers for maintenance and programming upgrades for web platforms
- Builds and maintains relationships with target constituencies with each program
- Implements program expansion strategies with target partners and supports ongoing development efforts
- Stewards student engagement to deepen their commitment and relationship within each program, and connects them to other WWF opportunities like Living Planet @ Work (LP@W) and signature fundraising initiatives
- Ensures effective mechanisms are in place to measure the impact of each program and capture engagement numbers
- Liaises with WWF-Canada’s Development department to ensure that the programs are effectively resourced, and that program success is tracked
- Post-secondary education in environmental studies or relevant program, plus 2+ years’ experience in program development, implementation, and management OR Post-secondary education in environmental studies or relevant program, plus 4+ years’ experience in program development and coordination
- 2+ years’ experience and/or education in developing marketing programs
- Demonstrated experience in cultivating and managing external partnerships and developing outreach and engagement strategies
- Experience in program monitoring and evaluation
- Strong problem-solving, creative interpersonal and strategic thinking capabilities coupled with an outcome, delivery-oriented approach
- Proven ability to lead groups and comfortable making presentations to different audiences
- Ability to meet deadlines and ensure quality control
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for content creation
- Bilingual in French an asset
- Proven exceptional ability to work collaboratively with others on major program outcomes
- Be passionately committed to the mission and objectives of WWF Canada and to its success in accomplishing these
- Contribute to maintaining an organizational culture that attracts, keeps and motivates top quality staff
- Comfortable using suite of Microsoft Office programs, PhotoShop, and WordPress
- Some travel and weekend work required
- This position is a maternity leave replacement – contract role ending August 12, 2022
- This position can either be a work from home opportunity, or work from any WWF-Canada office
Deadline to Apply
Please ensure that your application is received on or before May 5, 2021, 5 pm EST.
You can submit your cover letter and resume by clicking HERE.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.