Senior Manager, Marketing and Partnerships
The Senior Manager, Marketing and Partnerships is responsible for the strategy and execution of multi-channel marketing and communications programs in support of our Corporate Partnerships team. The Senior Manager is a client-centric, strategic marketer who will work collaboratively on corporate engagement that responds to business sustainability and the rise of purpose-driven brands. This will also include supporting the subset program, Living Planet at Work, which provides support to our corporate partners to empower and engage employees so they can drive sustainable practices at work.
This role will work closely with the internal marketing communications, fundraising and conservation teams to develop and deliver project briefs and manage the execution of the marketing plan to ensure brand consistency and alignment with WWF-Canada’s conservation goals.
The Senior Manager, Marketing & Partnerships will work closely with multiple internal and external partners and participants to ensure delivery of key activities that support the organization’s corporate and major donor partners and will collaboratively work to build the WWF brand and supporter base.
- Work with internal Corporate Partnerships team to develop clear and comprehensive marketing and communications project briefs for all corporate partners per their partnership agreements with WWF-Canada.
- Develop and implement marketing and communications strategies for sponsorship and brand marketing across multiple channels including digital, public relations, experiential marketing and events.
- Manage the Associate Specialist, Marketing & Partnerships and oversee their career development, workload, goal setting and performance review.
- Maintain project management oversight on all marketing, communications and other stewardship obligations for corporate partnerships and other major funders.
- Steward material through internal review processes to ensure brand standards, sustainability requirements and conservation goals are met, ensuring adherence to WWF’s guidelines.
- Provide detailed reporting for postmortems on campaigns.
- Manage the content and development of stewardship reports for a select group of corporate partnerships.
- Collaborate internally with various teams, including Conservation, Communications, event management, volunteer and employee engagement, etc. to maximize partner and WWF marketing and communication opportunities to achieve stated goals.
- Responsible for Corporate Partnership Guidelines website, communication and adherence in partners’ marketing materials.
- Develop the International Partnerships report for WWF International to report on partnership outcomes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with WWF International and other country offices.
- Be the thought leader on cause marketing trends.
- Related education, plus 4+ years of experience with multi-channel marketing, including strategy development and execution of complex projects in corporate, agency and/or not-for-profit contexts, OR
6+ years of professional experience with multi-channel marketing, including strategy development and execution of complex projects in corporate, agency and/or not-for-profit contexts.
- Some level of cause marketing experience bringing not for profit and corporate brands together around a social purpose is essential.
- Experience in project management while collaborating with multiple partners, prioritizing high impact activities, and ensuring multi-level projects continue to move forward (working in an Agile environment, and/or familiar with project management tools).
- An effective and respectful communicator who can use a variety of communication methods (written, visual/graphic, and verbal forms) to develop and drive successful marketing strategies and brand marketing
- Demonstrated experience managing teams and effectively coaching and creating conditions for their success
- Demonstrated experience in sales/fundraising, sponsorship marketing, corporate social responsibility, cause marketing and employee engagement fundamentals, including experience with multi-platform and multi-partner marketing campaigns.
- Experience working with creative agencies and the creative development process.
- Understanding of paid media strategies and metrics
- Understanding of current best practices in corporate social responsibility, philanthropy and employee engagement, as well as partnership management.
- Passion for the cause: an understanding of and interest in WWF-Canada’s conservation work.
- Some evening/weekend event work required for events.
- Fluency in French, and an understanding of the Quebec marketplace is an asset.
- This position can be based out of any WWF-Canada office
Deadline to Apply
You can submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the “APPLY” button.
Please ensure that you application is received on or before July 18, 2022, 5 pm EST.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.