Manager, Digital Communications Platforms
The Manager, Digital Communications Platforms is an organized and creative project manager that will create and sustain high-quality sites, landing pages, online tools, and general web infrastructure. In this role the individual will manage the Specialist, Digital Conversion, lead the digital communication strategies and the platforms on which they are delivered to help achieve WWF-Canada’s conservation and fundraising goals.
- Collaborate with internal staff to provide digital marketing solutions.
- Manage and optimize the digital communication strategies and platforms of the organization, including but not limited to websites, search (SEM & SEO), digital grant ads.
- Identify opportunities to optimize WWF-Canada’s existing digital platforms, and lead implementation across various sites, primarily the wwf.ca website and Living Planet websites, as well as In The Zone, Blackbaud Luminate Online, the Shopify e-store, and other sites/platforms.
- Source enhancement tools that provide a high ROI to help the organization better reach its goals and optimize the user journey on WWF-Canada’s sites.
- Work closely with internal teams to manage the creation of new platforms.
- Manage the performance and development of the Specialist, new digital work
- Contribute to project planning, scoping, budgeting, and the RFP process.
- Develop comprehensive project plans, including objectives and success criteria, organize and lead staff project meetings and client status meetings, and assess the project scope and risks.
- Ensure that all projects have budgets and timelines that maximize achievement of goals; ensuring projects are completed according to schedule and within budget.
- Provide thought leadership and functional expertise to evolve digital best practices across departments.
- Identify and enlist top-level vendors, professionals and partners as needed, and lead their work.
- Identify emerging and new digital communication platforms, integrating updates and changes to related WWF-Canada’s platforms.
- Maintain all platforms and tools to meet WWF-Canada guidelines, requirements, and standards.
- Monitor and update all digital communications to ensure it meets accessibility standards.
- Optimize the organization’s digital audience, technology and content to advance the organization.
- Manage and recommend strategies on digital communications initiatives based on data-driven research.
- Work with external agencies as required and where budgeted to support overflow, and assist with niche activities.
- Related post-secondary degree or diploma and 4-6 of relevant experience OR
Related post-secondary degree or diploma plus 2 years of relevant management experience.
- Experience working in the non-profit or charitable sector an asset.
- Project coordination with a track record of managing multiple projects within given timelines and budgets in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Hands-on and action-oriented with a willingness and desire to take initiative and think critically.
- Ability to present effective and creative solutions to meet organization’s conversion and digital communications goals within time and budget constraints.
- Passionate about the web and closely following evolving trends and innovations in effective digital communications.
- Up to date on available SAS tools relevant to digital communications, e.g. Zapier, landing page generators, A/B testing and CRO tools.
- Awareness of and commitment to best practices in SEO.
- Google Analytics implementation and data analysis; experience Google Tag Manager and with updating websites to be AODA compliance preferred.
- Able to manage WordPress multisite network at super admin level.
- Experience with web hosting and domain name management.
- Experience with eCommerce systems.
- Knowledge of email marketing and best practice an asset.
- Experience with UX product mapping and scoping web design and functionality from concept to deployment an asset.
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud Luminate Online an asset.
- Bilingualism in French and English is an asset.
Deadline to Apply
You can submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the “APPLY” button.
Please ensure that you application is received on or before April 29, 2022, 5 pm EST.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding