Intern, Indigenous Community Liaison
Reporting to the Renewable Energy Specialist (Arctic), this role will build support for WWF’s Arctic and remote community green economy objectives, by assisting staff with supporting community-led renewable energy projects in Nunavut.
- Attend and participate in meetings with communities and record discussions and questions
- Participate in the development of future community engagement projects on the topic of green economic development and diesel reduction
- Assist with outreach to Inuit youth, and help develop new ideas and ways for WWF to engage Northerners in our work
- Attend and participate in meetings with communities, and record discussions and questions
- Reach out to a diverse range of energy stakeholders to help collect energy-related data
- Provide assistance to WWF staff when requested, which could include administrative duties
- Web research on specific topics as requested by WWF staff
- Develop communications materials (blogs, videos, fact sheets, web texts, reports, photo essays)
- An interest in WWF’s work and a desire to better understand environmental issues
- Good communication skills
- Familiarity with Nunavut
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Fluency in Inuktitut is an asset, but not essential
This is a full-time contract ending March 31, 2021.
The selected individual has the option to work from the Iqaluit office, or work from home with the understanding that some local travel may be required for meetings.
Deadline to Apply
Please ensure that your application is received on or before September 25, 5 pm EST.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, you may submit your application through our preferred online portal method. Should you have limited access to reliable internet to complete the application, you can also email your application. Please submit your application using one method only.
You can submit your cover letter and resume by clicking here.
Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are submitting an application via email, please include your answers to the following questions:
1. Apart from its mission, what makes WWF-Canada an employer of choice for you?
2. Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
3. What are your salary expectations?
4. How flexible are your salary expectations?
5. Where did you see this posting?
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.
ᐃᓕᓐᓂᐊᓯᓐᓈᑦ, ᓄᓇᖃᖅᑳᖅᓯᒪᔪᓄᑦ ᑭᒡᒐᖅᑐᐃᔨ
ᐃᖃᓗᓐᓂ ᐊᖏᕐᕋᒥᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔮᕆᓗᒍ
ᐊᖓᔪᖅᑳᖃᕐᓗᑎᑦ ᓄᓇᒥᐅᑕᓕᕆᔨᒥᒃ (ᐅᑭᐅᖅᑕᖅᑐᒥ), ᑖᓐᓇ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔮᖅ ᐱᕈᖅᐸᓪᓕᐊᑎᑦᓯᒍᑕᐅᓂᐊᖅᑐᖅ ᐃᑲᔪᖅᓯᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᓄᓇᕐᔪᐊᕐᒥ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᒃᑯᓐᓂᒃ ᐅᑭᐅᖅᑕᖅᑐᒥ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᓄᓇᓕᓪᓚᑐᕐᓂ ᐅᖓᓯᑦᑐᒦᑦᑐᓂ ᐱᕈᖅᓰᓂᕐᒨᖓᔪᓄᑦ ᖃᑭᒪᒐᓱᐊᕈᑎᓄᑦ ᑎᑭᐅᑎᔭᐅᒍᒪᔪᓂᒃ, ᐃᑲᔪᕐᓗᓂ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᖅᑎᓂᒃ ᐃᑲᔪᖅᑐᐃᓂᒃᑯᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᓄᓇᓕᓐᓂᒃ ᓯᕗᓕᖅᑕᐅᓗᑎᒃ ᓄᓇᒥᐅᑕᕐᓅᖓᔪᓂᒃ ᐆᒻᒪᖅᑯᑎᓅᖓᔪᑦ ᐊᐅᓚᐅᓂᔪᑦ ᓄᓇᕗᒻᒥ.
- ᐅᐸᒍᑎᕙᓪᓗᓂ ᐃᓚᐅᑎᑉᐸᓪᓗᓂᓗ ᑲᑎᒪᖃᑕᐅᑎᓪᓗᒋᑦ ᓄᓇᓖᑦ ᑎᑎᕋᕐᓗᒋᓪᓗ ᐅᖃᐅᓯᐅᔪᑦ ᐊᐱᖅᑯᑏᓪᓗ
- ᐃᓚᐅᑎᓐᓂᖅ ᐱᕙᓪᓕᐊᑎᑕᐅᓂᖏᓐᓄᑦ ᓯᕗᓂᕐᒥ ᓄᓇᓕᓐᓂᒃ ᐃᓚᐅᑎᑦᓯᓂᖃᕐᓗᑎᒃ ᐊᐅᓚᓂᐅᔪᑦ ᐱᕈᖅᓰᕐᓂᒨᖓᔪᓄᑦ ᖃᑭᒪᒐᓱᐊᕐᓂᒃᑯᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐅᖅᓱᐊᓗᑐᐃᓐᓇᑐᙱᓐᓂᖅᓴᐅᓕᕐᓂᒃ
- ᐃᑲᔪᕐᓂᖅ ᐃᓄᓐᓂᒃ ᐅᕕᒃᑲᕐᓂᒃ, ᐱᕙᓪᓕᐊᑎᑕᐅᔪᓂᓪᓗ ᐃᑲᔪᕐᓂᖅ ᓄᑖᓂᒃ ᐃᓱᒻᒪᓯᕐᓂᒃ ᐱᐅᓯᐅᔪᓂᓪᓗ ᓄᓇᕐᔪᐊᕐᒥ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᒃᑯᓐᓄᑦ ᐃᓚᐅᑎᑕᐅᖁᓪᓗᒋᑦ ᐅᑭᐅᖅᑕᖅᑐᒥᐅᑦ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔮᑦᑎᓐᓂ.
- ᓇᔫᑎᕙᓪᓗᓂ ᐃᓚᐅᑎᓪᓗᓂᓗ ᑲᑎᓂᖃᖅᑎᓪᓗᒋᑦ ᓄᓇᓕᓐᓂ, ᑎᑎᕋᕐᓗᒋᑦ ᐅᖃᐅᓯᐅᔪᑦ ᐊᐱᖅᑯᑏᓪᓗ
- ᑎᑭᐅᑎᒋᐊᕐᓗᒋᑦ ᐊᔾᔨᒌᙱᑦᑐᑦ ᐆᒻᒪᖅᑯᓯᕆᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᑎᒍᒥᐊᖅᑐᑦ ᐃᑲᔪᕐᓗᑎᒃ ᓄᐊᑕᐅᓂᖏᓐᓄᑦ ᐆᒻᒪᖅᑯᑎᓅᖓᔪᑦ ᑲᑎᖅᓱᖅᑕᐅᓯᒪᔪᑦ
- ᐃᑲᔪᖃᑦᑕᕐᓗᒋᑦ ᓄᓇᕐᔪᐊᕐᒥ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᒃᑯᑦ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᖅᑎᖏᑦ ᑐᑦᓯᕋᕋᐃᑉᐸᑕ, ᐱᖃᓯᐅᑐᐃᓐᓇᕆᐊᓕᒃ ᐊᓪᓚᕝᕕᓕᕆᓂᖅ
- ᐃᑭᐊᖅᑭᕕᒃᑯᑦ ᖃᐅᔨᕐᓴᓂᖅ ᓇᓗᓇᐃᖅᑕᐅᓯᒪᔪᓂᒃ ᑐᑦᓯᕌᖑᑉᒐᐸᑕ ᓄᓇᕐᔪᐊᕐᒥ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᒃᑯᑦ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᖅᑎᖏᓐᓄᑦ
- ᐱᕙᓪᓕᐊᑎᓪᓗᒋᑦ ᑐᓴᐅᒪᖃᑦᑕᐅᑎᔾᔪᑏᑦ (ᑎᑎᕋᖅᓯᒪᔪᑦ, ᑕᕐᕆᔭᐃᑦ, ᓇᓗᓇᐃᔭᐃᔾᔪᑏᑦ ᑎᑎᕋᖅᓯᒪᔪᑦ, ᐃᑭᐊᖅᑭᕕᒃᑯᑦ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᐃᑦ, ᐅᓂᒃᑳᑦ, ᐊᔾᔨᓕᐅᖅᓯᒪᔪᓂᒃ ᐅᓂᒃᑳᓖᑦ)
- ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔮᖃᕈᒪᓂᖅ ᓄᓇᕐᔪᐊᕐᒥ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᒃᑯᑦ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔮᖏᓐᓂᒃ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᑐᑭᓯᑲᓐᓂᕈᒪᓂᖅ ᐊᕙᑎᒨᖓᔪᓂᒃ ᐃᓱᒫᓘᑕᐅᔪᓂᒃ
- ᐃᓕᓯᒪᓂᖅ ᓄᓇᕗᒻᒥᒃ
- ᓇᒻᒥᓂᖅ ᐱᒋᐊᖅᑎᐅᓗᓂ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᕈᓐᓇᕐᓗᓂᓗ ᐃᒻᒥᒃᑰᖓᓗᓂ
- ᐅᖃᕈᓐᓇᕐᓂᖅ ᐃᓄᒃᑎᑐᑦ ᐃᑲᔫᑎᓕᒃ, ᑭᓯᐊᓕ ᐅᖃᕈᓐᓇᑦᓴᐃᓐᓇᕆᐊᑐᙱᑦᑐᖅ
ᐅᓇ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᖑᐃᓐᓇᕐᓗᓂ ᑳᑦᑐᓛᖑᓂᐊᖅᑐᖅ ᐃᓱᓕᕝᕕᖃᖅᓱᓂ ᒫᑦᓯ 31, 2021.
ᓂᕈᐊᖅᑕᐅᔪᖅ ᐃᓱᒪᖅᓲᑎᖃᕋᔭᖅᑐᖅ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᕈᒪᒍᓂ ᐃᖃᓗᓐᓂ ᐊᓪᓚᕝᕕᖓᓐᓂ, ᐅᕝᕙᓗ ᐊᖏᕐᕋᒥ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᖃᑦᑕᕈᓐᓇᖅᑐᖅ ᑐᑭᓯᓯᒪᓗᓂ ᐃᓚᖓᓂ ᐊᐅᓪᓚᖃᑦᑕᕆᐊᖃᑐᐃᓐᓇᕆᐊᖃᖅᓱᓂ ᑲᑎᒪᒋᐊᕐᓗᓂ.
ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔮᖅᑖᕆᒐᓱᐊᕈᒪᒍᕕᐅᒃ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔮᑦᓯᐊᕚᓗᒃ, ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔮᖅᑖᕋᓱᐊᕈᑎᑎᑦ ᐊᐅᓪᓚᖅᑎᒍᓐᓇᖅᑕᑎᑦ ᖃᕆᑕᐅᔭᒃᑰᖅᑐᓂᒃ ᓂᕈᐊᕐᓂᖅᓴᐅᑦᓱᑕ. ᖃᕆᑕᐅᔭᒃᑰᕈᑎᑦᓴᖃᓗᐊᙱᒃᑯᕕᑦ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔮᖅᑖᕋᓱᐊᕐᓗᑎᑦ ᓱᓕ ᖃᕆᑕᐅᔭᒃᑯᑎᒍᑦ ᐊᐅᓪᓚᖅᑎᒍᓐᓇᖅᑕᐃᑦ. ᑐᓂᒐᔭᖅᑲᐃᑦ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔮᖅᑖᕋᓱᐊᕈᑏᑦ ᐊᐅᓪᓚᑎᑦᓯᓗᑎᒃ ᐊᑕᐅᓯᖅᑎᒍ ᐊᒥᓱᑎᒎᙱᑦᑐᖅ.
ᖃᕆᑕᐅᔭᒃᑰᖅᑐᑦ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᑎᑦ ᐊᐅᓪᓚᑎᒃᑭᑦ ᐅᕗᖓ: email@example.com
ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔮᖅᑖᕋᓱᐊᕈᑎᑎᑦ ᐊᐅᓪᓚᑎᒃᑯᕕᒋᑦ ᖃᕆᑕᐅᔭᒃᑯᑦ, ᑭᐅᔾᔪᑎᑎᑦ ᐱᖃᓯᐅᑎᙳᐊᑕᖅᓯᓐᓇᒃᑭᑦ ᐅᑯᓄᖓ ᐊᐱᖅᑯᑎᓄᑦ:
1. ᐱᓕᕆᐊᑦᓴᖓᑦᑕ ᓯᓚᑖᒍᑦ, ᓱᒻᒪᑦ ᓄᓇᕐᔪᐊᕐᒥ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᒃᑯᑦ ᑲᓇᑕᒥ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᕐᕕᑦᑖᕆᒍᒪᕕᒋᑦ?
2. ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᕈᓐᓇᖅᑮᑦ ᒪᓕᒐᖅᑎᒍᑦ ᑲᓇᑕᒥ?
3. ᖃᓄᖅ ᑮᓇᐅᔾᔭᑦᓴᕋᔭᕆᐊᑦᓴᖅ ᓂᕆᐅᒋᔭᖃᖅᑭᑦ?
4. ᖃᓄᑎᒋ ᐃᕕᖅᑎᕈᓐᓇᖅᑲᑦ ᑮᓇᐅᔾᔭᑦᓵᕆᒪᔭᑎᑦ?
5. ᓇᒥ ᐅᓇ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔮᑦᓴᖅ ᑕᑯᓐᓂᕋᕕᐅᒃ?
ᖃᐅᔨᓴᑦᓯᐊᕆᑦ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔮᖅᑖᕋᓱᐊᕈᑎᑎᑦ ᐊᐅᓪᓚᖅᑎᓯᒪᒐᓗᐊᕐᒪᖔᖅᐱᒋᑦ ᒥᑦᓯᑎᓐᓂ ᐅᕙᓂᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᓯᑦᑕᕝᕙ 25, 5–ᒥ ᐅᓐᓄᓴᒃᑯᑦ ᑲᓇᓐᓇᐅᑉ ᓯᕿᙳᔭᖓ ᒪᓕᓪᓗᒍ.
ᑐᓂᒪᓂᖃᕐᓂᖅ ᖃᓄᐃᑦᑐᑐᐃᓐᓇᕐᓄᑦ ᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᐅᒍᓐᓇᕐᓂᕐᓗ
ᓄᓇᕐᔪᐊᕐᒥ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᒃᑯᑦ ᑲᓇᑕᒥ ᐊᔾᔨᐅᔪᒥᒃ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᕐᕕᐅᕗᑦ. ᖃᓄᐃᑦᑐᑐᐃᓐᓇᑦᓯᐊᕐᓂᖅ ᑐᙵᓱᑦᑎᑦᓯᕗᒍᑦ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᕐᕕᑎᓐᓂ ᐃᓇᑦᓯᕗᒍᓪᓗ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔮᖅᑖᕋᓱᐊᖁᔨᑦᓱᑕᒃ ᑭᓇᒃᑯᓕᒫᑦᓯᐊᓂᒃ ᐱᔪᓐᓇᖅᑐᓂᒃ ᐱᖃᓯᐅᑎᑦᓱᑎᒃ ᐊᕐᓇᐃᑦ, ᐃᓄᐃᓴᑦᑐᓂᒃ ᐃᓅᖃᑎᒌᓐᓃᙶᖅᓯᒪᔪᓂᒃ, ᐃᓄᐃᑦ ᐊᔪᕈᑎᓖᑦ, ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᓄᓇᖃᖅᑳᖅᓯᒪᔪᓂᒃ.
ᓄᓇᕐᔪᐊᕐᒥ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᒃᑯᑦ ᑲᓇᑕᒥ ᑐᓂᒪᓂᖃᕐᒥᔪᑦ ᐱᕙᓪᓕᐊᑎᑦᓯᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐃᓚᐅᑎᑦᓯᓂᕐᒥᒃ, ᐊᐳᖅᑕᕐᕕᖃᙱᓪᓗᑎᒃ ᓂᕈᐊᕐᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐊᐅᓚᓂᐅᔪᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᕐᕕᓐᓂᒃ. ᑳᑦᑐᓛᑦᑕᐅᓯᒪᒍᕕᑦ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔮᒧᑦ, ᖃᐅᔨᓴᑎᒐᔭᖅᑲᑎᑦ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᖅᑐᓕᕆᔨᒃᑯᑦ ᑭᒡᒐᖅᑐᐃᔨᖓᑦ ᕿᓚᓕᒫᒃᑯᑦ ᑐᔪᕐᒥᒋᐊᖃᕐᓂᕈᕕᑦ ᖃᐅᔨᓴᖅᑕᐅᒐᔭᕐᓂᕈᕕᑦ ᐊᔾᔨᐅᔪᒥᒃ. ᑐᓴᕋᑦᓴᐃᑦ ᐊᑦᑐᐊᔪᓂᒃ ᑐᔪᕐᒥᓂᕐᒨᖓᔪᑦ ᑲᒪᒋᔭᐅᒋᐊᕋᔭᖅᑑᖅ ᑲᙳᓇᖅᑑᑎᓪᓗᒍ.
ᖁᔭᓐᓇᒦᖅᑕᕗᑦ ᐱᒐᓱᐊᕈᒪᔪᓕᒫᑦ, ᐃᓚᒋᔭᐅᒍᒪᓪᓗᑎᒃ ᓄᓇᕐᔪᐊᕐᒥ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᒃᑯᓐᓄᑦ ᑲᓇᑕᒥ. ᑕᑯᓐᓈᖅᓱᒋᑦ ᐱᒐᓱᐊᖅᑐᕋᓴᐅᕙᑦᑐᑦ ᐅᖄᓚᐅᑎᒃᑯᑦ ᐊᐱᖅᓱᖁᔨᙱᓚᒍᑦ ᑐᑭᓯᒋᐊᕈᑎᓕᓐᓂᒃ ᖃᕆᑕᐅᔭᒃᑯᓪᓘᓐᓃᑦ. ᖃᓄᐃᓕᒋᐊᓛᖅᑕᑐᐊᕗᑦ ᐊᐱᖅᓱᖅᑕᐅᒍᒪᔪᑦ ᖁᔭᓐᓇᒦᓪᓗ ᑐᑭᓯᐊᒐᕕᑦ.