Intern, Community Liaison
Reporting to the Renewable Energy Specialist this role will build support for WWF Canada’s arctic conservation objectives by assisting with community outreach in Iqaluit.
- Relationship Building
- Assist with outreach to Inuit youth and help develop new ideas and ways for WWF-Canada to engage Northerners in our work.
- Community Clean-up
- Act as point of contact for WWF Canada’s participation in the 2021 Iqaluit community Cleanup.
- Attend and participate in the clean-up on behalf of WWF-Canada.
- Participate in the development of future community engagement projects.
- Carry out a sustainability review of Iqaluit’s Indigenous day, Canada Day and Nunavut Day events and make recommendations for how these events could be more environmentally friendly.
- Other duties
- Provide assistance to WWF-Canada staff when requested, which could include administrative duties, simple translations (if possible).
- Web research on specific topics as requested by WWF-Canada staff.
- Develop communications materials (blogs, videos, fact sheets, web texts, reports, photo essays).
- An interest in WWF Canada’s work and a desire to better understand environmental issues.
- Good communication skills.
- Familiarity with Iqaluit.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Fluency in Inuktitut is an asset, but not essential.
This is a part-time role (20 hours per week) based in Iqaluit.
Deadline to Apply
You can submit your cover letter and resume by clicking HERE.
Please ensure that your application is received on or before May 19,2021, 5 pm EST.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.
ᐱᔾᔪᑎᓖᑦ WWF ᒥᔅᓵᓄᑦ
ᓯᓚᕐᔪᐊᒥ ᓂᕐᔪᑎᓕᕆᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᑮᓇᐅᔭᐃᑦ (WWF) ᓯᓚᕐᔪᐊᓕᒫᒥ ᐊᖏᓂᖅᐹᖑᖃᑕᐅᔪᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐅᑉᐱᕆᔭᐅᑦᑎᐊᖅᑐᑎᑦ ᐱᐅᖅᓱᐊᑎᑦᑎᔨᐅᔪᑦ ᑲᑐᔾᔨᖃᑎᒌᖑᓪᓗᑎᑦ. WWF−ᑯᑦ ᓄᖅᑲᑎᑦᑎᓇᓱᐊᖅᑏᑦ ᐱᐅᓐᖏᓕᕚᓪᓕᑎᑦᑎᓇᓱᐊᖅᑐᓂᑦ ᐊᕙᑎᑦᑎᓐᓂ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᓴᖓᓐᑎᑦᑎᑲᓐᓂᕐᓗᑎᑦ ᓯᕗᓂᑦᑎᓐᓂ ᐃᓄᓐᓂᑦ ᐊᐅᓚᓂᖃᑦᑎᐊᖁᓪᓗᒋᑦ ᓄᓇᒦᑦᑐᓂᑦ, ᐱᐅᖅᓱᐊᕐᓂᒃᑯᑦ ᐆᒪᔪᓂᑦ, ᐅᑎᖅᑕᑦᑎᐊᕈᓐᓇᖁᓪᓗᒋᑦ ᓄᓇᒥᓐᖔᖅᑐᑦ, ᓴᖅᑭᔮᖅᑎᑦᑎᒃᑲᓐᓂᕋᓱᐊᕐᓂᕐᒥᑦ ᓱᕈᕐᓇᖅᑎᑦᑎᑦᑕᐃᓕᒪᓂᕐᒥᑦ ᓱᕈᖅᑎᑦᑎᓇᓱᐊᕐᓂᒥᓪᓗ.
- ᐃᑲᔪᖃᑦᑕᕐᓗᑎᑦ ᐃᓄᓐᓂ ᐃᓅᓱᑦᑐᓂᑦ ᐋᖅᑭᔅᓱᐃᓇᓱᐊᖅᑎᓪᓗᒋᑦ ᖃᓄᐃᑦᑐᑐᐃᓐᓇᕐᓂᑦ WWF−ᒥᑦ ᐅᑭᐅᖅᑕᖅᑐᒥ ᐱᓕᕆᓇᓱᐊᖅᑐᓂᑦ.
- ᓄᓇᓕᓐᓂ ᓴᓂᑦᑕᕐᓂᖅ
- ᑐᑭᓯᒋᐊᕐᕕᐅᔪᓐᓇᕐᓗᓂ WWF ᐱᖃᑕᐅᑎᓪᓗᒋᑦ 2019 ᐃᖃᓗᓐᓂ ᓴᓗᒻᒪᖅᓴᐃᓂᕐᒥᑦ.
- ᐅᐸᖃᑦᑕᕐᓗᓂ ᐱᖃᑕᐅᓗᓂᓗ ᓴᓗᒻᒪᓴᕐᓂᕐᒥᑦ ᑭᒡᒐᖅᑐᐃᓗᓂ WWF−ᒥᑦ.
- ᐱᖃᑕᐅᓗᓂ ᐋᖅᑭᔅᓱᐃᖃᑕᐅᓗᓂᓗ ᓯᕗᓂᑦᑎᓐᓂ ᓄᓇᓕᓐᓂ ᐱᓕᕆᐊᓂᑦ
- ᕿᒥᕐᕈᖃᑕᐅᓗᓂ ᐃᖃᓗᓐᓂ ᓄᓇᖃᖅᑳᖅᑐᒥᓃᑦ ᐅᓪᓗᖓᓐᓂ, ᑲᓇᑕᐅᑉ ᐅᓪᓗᖓᓐᓂ ᓄᓇᕗᑦ ᐅᓪᓗᖓᓐᓂ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐊᑐᓕᖁᔭᐅᔪᓂᑦ ᖃᓄᖅ ᖃᓄᐃᓘᕐᓂᐅᔪᓂᑦ ᐊᕙᑎᓕᕆᓂᕐᒧᖓᑦᑎᐊᕋᓗᐊᕐᒪᖔᑕ
- ᐊᓯᖏᑦ ᐱᓕᕆᐊᔅᓴᖏᑦ
- ᐃᑲᔪᖃᑦᑕᕐᓗᓂ WWF ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᖅᑎᖏᓐᓂ ᑐᔅᓯᕋᖅᑐᖃᕐᓂᖅᑲᑦ, ᐊᓪᓚᑦᑎᐅᖃᑦᑕᕐᓗᓂ, ᐃᓄᑦᑎᑑᓕᕆᖃᑦᑕᕐᓗᓂ (ᐊᔪᕐᓇᓐᖏᒐᐃᑉᐸᑦ)
- ᖃᕋᓴᐅᔭᒃᑯᑦ ᕿᓂᖃᑦᑕᕐᓗᓂ ᑐᔅᓯᕋᖅᑕᐅᔪᓂᑦ WWF ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᖅᑎᖏᓐᓄᑦ
- ᑐᓴᕋᔅᓴᓕᐅᖃᑦᑕᕐᓗᓂ (ᖃᕋᓴᐅᔭᒃᑯᑦ ᐅᖃᓕᒪᒐᕐᓂᑦ, ᑕᕐᕆᔮᔅᓴᓂᒃ, ᐱᕙᓪᓕᐊᔪᓂᑦ ᓇᐃᑦᑐᓂᑦ, ᖃᕋᓴᐅᔭᒃᑯᑦ ᑎᑎᕋᖃᑦᑕᕐᓗᓂ, ᐅᓂᒃᑳᓕᐅᖃᑦᑕᕐᓗᓂ, ᐊᔾᔨᓕᐅᖅᓯᒪᔪᓂᑦ ᐅᓂᒃᑳᓕᐅᖃᑦᑕᕐᒥᓗᓂ)
- ᐱᖃᑕᐅᒍᒪᒐᔭᖅᑐᒥᑦ WWF−ᓂᑦ ᑐᑭᓯᒃᑲᓐᓂᕈᒪᒐᔭᖅᑐᒥᑦ ᐊᕙᑎᓕᕆᓂᕐᒥᑦ
- ᐃᖃᓗᓐᓂ ᖃᐅᔨᒪᓗᓂ
- ᓇᒻᒥᓂᖅ ᐱᒋᐊᕈᓐᓇᕐᓗᓂ ᐃᒻᒥᓂᓪᓗ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᕈᓐᓇᕐᓗᓂ
- ᐃᓄᑦᑎᑑᕈᓐᓇᕆᐊᓕᒃ, ᑭᓯᐊᓂᓕ ᑕᐃᒪᐃᒋᐊᑐᓐᖏᒻᒥᔪᖅ
ᑖᓐᓇ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᑲᐃᓐᓇᑐᐃᓐᓇᖃᑦᑕᕋᔭᖅᑐᖅ ᐃᖃᓗᓐᓂ.
ᖃᐅᔨᓴᑦᓯᐊᕆᑦ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔮᖅᑖᕋᓱᐊᕈᑎᑎᑦ ᐊᐅᓪᓚᖅᑎᓯᒪᒐᓗᐊᕐᒪᖔᖅᐱᒋᑦ ᒥᑦᓯᑎᓐᓂ ᐅᕙᓂᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᒪᐃ 19, 2021, 5–ᒥ ᐅᓐᓄᓴᒃᑯᑦ ᑲᓇᓐᓇᐅᑉ ᓯᕿᙳᔭᖓ ᒪᓕᓪᓗᒍ.