Head of Corporate Partnerships
The Head of Corporate Partnerships (Internally known as Lead Specialist) is responsible for the planning, development and execution of corporate engagement strategies to meet the Corporate Partnerships team revenue objectives, and to contribute to other organizational objectives such as public engagement and conservation impact.
This role will manage and oversee the Corporate Partnerships team, including meeting revenue targets and the execution of partner programs to engage employees in our work and fundraising vis a direct report. This role focuses on identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding corporate prospects in alignment with WWF-Canada’s conservation strategy and WWF-International’s Corporate Engagement Guidelines.
The Head of Corporate Partnerships will work in close collaboration with the Development, Marketing & Communications (Marcom), and Conservation teams to integrate corporate partnerships within other organization initiatives, and represents WWF-Canada as a Corporate Partnerships lead for WWF-International.
This position is ideal for a passionate individual who thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, contributing to WWF’s mission in Canada and the global WWF network.
Across the many cultures and individuals that represent WWF, we are unified by one mission and one common set of values:
- Courage to work for change where it’s needed and to inspire people and institutions to tackle the greatest threats to nature and the future of the planet, which is our home.
- Integrity to live the principles we call on others to meet and to rely on traditional science and Indigenous knowledge to guide us.
- Respect to honour the voices and knowledge of the communities that we serve.
- Collaboration to deliver impact through collective action and innovation.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward corporate prospects and partners to meet revenue targets and achieve organizational corporate partner goals
- Responsible for a personal revenue target of $2M+ from existing and new corporate partnerships
- Develop, mentor, and lead the corporate partnership team including Senior Specialist, Corporate Partnerships and Specialist, Employee Engagement
- Responsible for annual budget planning and ongoing management of revenue and expenses for department
- In collaboration with internal teams, develop corporate engagement and partnership strategies and oversee execution of partnership deliverables.
- Responsible for corporate partnership team reporting including writing call/meeting reports and track prospect/partner engagement plans, activities, and expected partnership revenue using the organization’s constituent relationship management (Raiser’s Edge).
- Prepare and present partnership approval documents for Senior Management Team (SMT) and Global Partnerships Committee (GPC).
- Responsible for partnership proposals and stewardship reports/presentations.
- Stay up-to-date on corporate sustainability and philanthropic trends and opportunities
- Plan and execute corporate partner events and webinars. Acts a Lead for Corporate Partnerships program for WWF-Canada with WWF-International and external representation.
- Some higher education or vocational training in business, sustainability, or fundraising.
- At least 10 years relevant experience in corporate engagement, fundraising/sales, or corporate sustainability with track record of securing six and seven figure revenue partnerships
- Exceptional relationship building skills at all levels with the ability to cultivate effective professional networks and relationships.
- Experience managing team to achieve organizational goals, including meeting revenue targets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to write effectively and persuasively.
- 8+ years of project management experience.
- 8+ years of experience developing strategy related to corporate sustainability or corporate social responsibility (CSR) plans
- Demonstrated ability to provide people leadership/management to a team.
- Ability to make decisions in ambiguous situations and exercise good judgement.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge or a similar constituent relationship management system.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills to secure new partnerships and strong results.
- Strong understanding of WWF-Canada’s mission and objectives, and a demonstrated passionate commitment to its success in accomplishing them.
- Identify & align with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration
Deadline to Apply
You can submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the “APPLY” button.
Please ensure that you application is received on or before December 10, 2022, 5 pm EST.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
Our vision is a Canada with abundant wildlife where nature and people thrive and we value and rely on diversity of thought, knowledge, expertise, and lived experience to help bring our vision to life.
We recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. If you feel that your unique experiences can enhance our vision, we encourage you to apply – even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements.
We encourage applications from candidates who have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including applicants who identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuk (Inuit), Black, racialized, a person with a disability, women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
We are committed to a barrier-free and equitable recruitment & selection process. If you are contacted in relation an opportunity to join our team and require an accommodation at any point in the process, please advise the recruiter of your specific needs. We commit to managing these requests in a confidential manner.