Intern, Community Giving
The Intern, Community Giving will play an instrumental role in supporting the virtual community event fundraising efforts and events which seek to engage the Canadian public around conservation issues and inspire fundraising as an important part of conservation. This role will engage, inspire and steward fundraisers, virtual event participants, and donors by fostering a connection to the brand and WWF-Canada’s work. This role will support key activities such as a WWF-Canada branded virtual fundraising event, raffle, 50/50 draw and will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on exciting new initiatives. This role supports a wide range of programs and requires an individual with a diverse skill set.
- Work cross functionally across the organization to support recruitment, fundraising, sales and engagement strategies via customer service, outreach, event logistics and marketing initiatives
- Contribute to the planning and development of the event including brainstorming ideas, producing reports and tracking and reporting on key performance indicators
- Support the Specialist, Community Campaigns as needed with logistics, event/campaign duties and post-event wrap up in collaboration with various stakeholders across the organization
- Other duties as assigned for 3rd Party Fundraising and Community Engagement such as providing guidance on events, distributing fundraising toolkits and thank you packages
- Support the administrative processes of the programs including database updates, mailings, phone calls, assist with testing online event page functionalities, etc.
- Provide direct fundraising support to participants as needed
- Research and update current team prospect lists
- Recruit teams via phone and email for participation in the virtual event
- Aid the events teams as needed with event logistics, event duties and post-event wrap up
- University Degree or College Diploma in fundraising management, marketing, or event management OR 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with and meet deadlines
- Basic understanding of cross channel marketing and how to use multiple channels to communicate with audience
- Positive attitude and able to work well with staff, volunteers, and external stakeholders
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently
- Experience in non-profit or public sector an asset
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience using Raisers Edge and Luminate online an asset
- Ability to work remotely
- Understanding of conservation issues in Canada considered an asset
- Bilingual in French considered an asset
Deadline to Apply
You can submit your cover letter and resume by clicking HERE.
Please ensure that your application is received on or before January 6, 2021, 5 pm EST.