Associate Specialist, Stewardship and Events
The Associate Specialist, Stewardship and Events is integral to the success of WWF-Canada’s mass-market and events portfolio. This role is responsible for contributing directly to achieving the stewardship and revenue goals of the Community Giving team, with a significant focus on events.
The Associate Specialist will support the growth and development of WWF-Canada’s flagship in-person and virtual events as well as be the main driver for the third-party events portfolio, providing best in class stewardship along the way.
Working closely with the Manager, Stewardships and Events this role will support the overall donor experience of WWF-Canada events which seek to engage the Canadian public around conservation issues and inspire fundraising as an important part of conservation.
- Support WWF-Canada’s virtual and in-person events, and raffle to raise funds and awareness across the country
- Implement and manage recruitment and engagement strategies for event participation
- Work in collaboration with internal marketing team and external agencies to ensure up-to-date digital requirements, including website
- Identify and steward teams with high fundraising potential
- Report on registration and revenue
- Assist Manager, Stewardship and Event as needed on event logistics, fundraising and programming
- Manage inventory and distribution of incentive prizing
- Organize and facilitate staff and volunteer training
- Manage Third Party Events Program
- Execute, oversee, and monitor all aspects of the Third-Party Fundraising program to deliver revenue targets and objectives within budget
- Ensure a donor-centered approach while ensuring industry and organizational policies, procedures, and standards are met
- Develop and implement acquisition and retention strategies to grow the program
- Manage and complete all administrative tasks associated with the program, including fulfilment of stewardship packages, data entry and reporting
- Process all online registrations
- Steward all fundraisers post registration and post event
- Process and reconcile expense reports
- Support and enhance donor relationships across all Community Giving programs (events, raffle/lottery, monthly donors, e-commerce, etc.).
- Supports a systematic and integrated approach to donor stewardship that results in supporters who are inspired and connected to the work of WWF-Canada.
- Work alongside Manager, Stewardship and Events to regularly review stewardship practices and recommend improvements
- Support the implementation of donor recognition and stewardship processes that build and strengthen relationships with our supporters
- Solicit donor feedback and insight of various programs, distributing donor surveys and responding to donor requests
- Other duties as assigned
- University Degree or College Diploma in fundraising management, marketing, or event management OR 2+ years of work experience in fundraising/volunteer management, or event management.
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills, attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills with a professional presence and the ability to motivate volunteers, and external partners to align with the mission of WWF-Canada
- Peer to Peer fundraising experience
- Motivated self-starter who can take initiative and effectively lead others
- Positive attitude with the ability to solve and trouble shoot independently using sound judgement
- Ability to work remotely
- Understanding of conservation issues in Canada considered an asset
- Bilingual in French considered an asset
This is a full-time permanent position.
This position can be based out of any WWF-Canada office, or as a work from home position in Canada.
Deadline to Apply
You can submit your cover letter and resume by clicking HERE.
Please ensure that your application is received on or before May 14, 2021, 5 pm EST.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.