Specialist, Legacy Giving
The Specialist, Legacy Giving, plays an instrumental role in building and strengthening relationships with WWF-Canada donors and supporters who are considering gifts in their Wills or estate plans. Legacy Giving connects individuals via mass marketing with giving opportunities that best meet their philanthropic goals.
This Specialist will actively work to build and steward a pipeline of donors to help finance WWF-Canada’s future by strengthening relationships with new and existing supporters who have expressed interest in remembering wildlife with a gift in their Will or estate plan. The individual will act as a relationship manager, following up on all legacy leads to establish rapport, build trust, as well as offer support and resources.
This role reports to the Senior Specialist, Legacy Giving and collaborates closely with the overall Marketing and Communication department, as well as Development, and Donor Relations teams to support integrated fundraising campaigns that achieve donor acquisition, retention, and fundraising objectives.
- Motivate and inspire donors through the legacy gift consideration phases to secure gift commitments.
- Support all cultivation activities and follow up with all legacy enquiries.
- Speak directly with donors and prospects about their conservation interests, personal experiences and values related to wildlife and nature, and engage them directly with how WWF-Canada can fit with their philanthropic interests.
- Manage and steward a portfolio of legacy donors and prospects (approximately 150 people and growing).
- Maintain up to date records in donor database for all significant donor touchpoints including conversations, meetings, and events.
- Support stewardship and recognition for all new and existing legacy donors, referred to as Legacy Circle.
- Contribute to the development of business and action plans for donor acquisition.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on campaign results against goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with various internal departments to integrate legacy giving into annual giving/multi-channel fundraising, major gifts, and marketing.
- Post-secondary education or 2+ years of related experience in fundraising, marketing, communications, or similar.
- 3+ years of experience as a relationship manager in a revenue generating position.
- Exposure to gift planning/legacy giving in the charitable sector preferred; with an understanding of common estate giving strategies and vehicles.
- Member in good standing with CAGP or AFP preferred.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to convey sensitive information using tact and sound judgement, while being empathetic of the donor’s situation and preferences.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal skills with the ability to communicate the mission of WWF-Canada and ability to inspire supporters.
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple high priority tasks.
- Ability to work as a team member, while meeting individual goals and expectations.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, PowerPoint and embraces the use of technology to manage projects, databases, and activities.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or other CRM is an asset.
- Ability to problem solve and trouble shoot independently using sound judgement.
- Ability to think creatively and generate innovative ideas.
- Bilingual in English and French an asset.
Deadline to Apply
You can submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the “APPLY” button.
Please ensure that you application is received on or before May 30, 2022, 5 pm EST.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.